Getting there -- 6w 6d

My first "milestone" ultrasound is in two days, so of course I am scared shitless. This is the one where we should see the heartbeat. I'm terrified of seeing nothing.

As usual, there's no reason for this, apart from my lack of symptoms. My chest is occasionally sore, but otherwise normal. I have small bouts of mild nausea but that can't be morning sickness, can it? I've got a weird metallic taste in my mouth which I didn't notice until Johanna pointed out she was having one, but that's probably from the prenatal vitamins. My thyroid is still functioning *too* well, but Lord knows I haven't seen any weight loss out of it so that's pretty useless! I've had a few odd cramps and twinges but that is pretty much the laundry list of things, and while yes, I know, there is a thread every day titled "ZOMG I have no symptoms what is wrong with me?" that doesn't mean I don't look at the women who have symptoms and think, well geez, at least you know you're still pregnant! The only thing I have to show for it is *not* spotting or cramping -- which is good, don't get me wrong, but unhelpful when it comes to determining the state of Baby Stoat, other than it is a mass of cells still in my uterus somewhere.

It's like being on a plane. I'm not in the driver's seat here, and it makes me nervous.

On the up side, the in-utero photos of babies at about 7 weeks along show that yes, they do in fact look like Jelly Babies. That makes the fourth series of Coupling just that much funnier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.