Plans.

The week is mapped out in my Day Planner. Ride, gym, ride, gym, ride, ride, gym. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday working at Rose's Gym -- a.k.a. barn chores.

After watching the Stoat's video of my riding lesson and seeing how badly I looked, there was no way I was not going to the gym today (unless it was closed of course). Of course the doctor would have a small cow, possibly even a full sized calf, if they knew my workout routine. Needless to say it's a lot more than their recommended "30 minutes of walking".

Because walking does fuck-all for a 14 stone monster like myself. If I want my weight back to normal, it isn't going to happen by meandering around on a treadmill for a few minutes a day.

First, I tried the elliptical. Now, in the last post where I praised my gym for being small, I forgot to add that they made one rather annoying change. I love the elliptical trainer, it's great for fat girls with bad knees. They had six great ellipticals, but the belts kept slipping, so they replaced them with shinier, newer models, of which my beloved ellipticals had supposedly been the prototypes.

Riiiiight.

I got on one, and nearly died at about 1.20s -- the resistance is ZOMGHOLYCRAP hard on level 1. So I gathered up my iPod, workout journal, and water and headed to the older, crappier ones, to discover that they have no place to put water, journal, or iPod. I tried, and probably could have made it except that I was trying to juggle my iPod and hold onto the swingy-arm bits at the same time.

I barely have the hand-eye coordination to use an elliptical in the first place. Trying to do it whilst juggling an iPod touch was a no-go.

I picked up water, journal, and slightly battered iPod touch and headed over to the treadmill. Stepped on, nearly slid off - apparently my trainers have no tread! I can't win! Gah! I did manage 30 minutes at a light jog, and then somehow managed to lose the rest of my workout...so I improvised. But I did it, and now I feel better.

I *MISS* Holmes Place!

I know I'm supposed to be restricted to walking only. I know I'm subject to OHSS and all of that dandy crap from the drugs. It can't be healthy for me to be gaining so much weight every cycle, though, and I think that in this case exercise is the lesser of two evils.

Besides, I put down that I'm 13st 9lb. on the form for the Assisted Fertility Unit at Guy's in London and now I have to *be* that weight in the next three weeks. Not that this should be difficult. Three weeks to lose five lbs...yeah, that I can do. I just need to avoid my mother, and chocolate.

In some ways I feel guilty about sneaking exercise, but in some ways, it's more desirable now that I'm not supposed to be doing it! How's that for messed up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.