Keep Moving!

Stoat is noodling away on his bass over in the ManCave. It's a sign all is right with the world.

There was an early start to the day, despite the fact that since I've announced I am not doing IVF with this clinic (nice that I can trot out the "Pope says no" excuse when necessary) the high level of service and correspondence has gone to shit. I understand it's a holiday weekend and all, but I did my bit by calling in on cycle day 1, the least they could have done is put me on the list for my day 3 bloodwork. The clinic is crowded on these mornings when the other four offices are closed, but the wait wasn't too bad. I had bloodwork and an ultrasound, despite the fact that the Downstairs Dept. looks like an episode of CSI right now.

Afterward, it was time for a riding lesson. Stoat videoed it but none of the photos came out. He was surprised at the intense level of activity, said it was like "riding boot camp". She was going easy on me! While I was on horseback the clinic called to OK my start of the meds. It's the same dose of a slightly different drug, and the pen had to be assembled, which I did not like. They did give me a snazzy carrying case for the epipen thing, though.

On the whole I'm feeling very middle of the road about the whole thing. I should just give up and focus on becoming a better rider, and undoubtedly the day before the Olympic selection trials will be when I get the BFP! For a more serious goal, I've mapped out the week, four riding days and three gym days -- I have the membership, might as well use it. It's times like this when I really miss Holmes Place in London. Of course, it's a crap Virgin Active now and probably not as nice. It had a women-only weight and cardio room, pool, and all manner of classes. My gym now is unpretentious, which I like, but it's small and the classes are few. I could really use a yoga class, but in order to fit my schedule it would have to be at one of my multitude of destinations -- work, barn, gym, or my parents' house. I'd do it at home but I fail at home yoga badly. The class I took, though, now that was good. Wish I could do it again.

So far, though, my plan to get into better shape is going okay. We'll see how I feel after next week's busy schedule. All I need to do is watch that video of me riding, flopping around with all of my chins, and contrast it with the elegant picture some of my barn mates make...that should be motivation enough. This weight HAS to go -- it can only help things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.