1 DPO and an award.



I don't think I've ever won an award before. This one comes from Meg at INCONCEIVABLE, whose blog title has made me want to watch The Princess Bride with every update. ;)

The rules of this award are pretty simple and it works a bit like a meme. I always find memes a bit embarrassing; this one is more so as you're supposed to "tag" seven friends to do the same. See, this is a "super secret" blog so my actual friends don't run away screaming at the latest Ovary Status Update -- oh, they're all very supportive, but really, how many times can you hear about my laparoscopy over dinner and still keep a friendship alive? I also sometimes get bitter and depressed for reasons that only the readers of this blog might understand, and while I'll occasionally comment on this on my "normal" blog, it doesn't seem like the sort of thing sharing constantly will help. We've been trying for three years now, that is a lot of whining.

Nevertheless, thank you, Meg, for this lovely award and I shall now endeavour to find seven interesting facts about myself and tag the few people I know are here.

1. The meaning of Stoat -- this is a nickname I gave DH after one very drunken evening in Ireland over a bottle of shiraz. It comes from an episode of "Bottom". He became my Foxy Stoat after that.

2. Before I became a professional writer, I was a wedding photographer, but quit because all brides are insane. ;)

3. I have a decent voice -- I've performed with a professional opera company before and gotten paid for it. Your weight doesn't matter so much in opera. I'd never hack it in musical theatre apart from character roles at this weight, but opera singers can be fat. It's better if you're not, but at least it's not the end of a career.

4. I've lived in three different countries in the past three years. I don't know if we'll ever settle on just one, or if the idea of settling is even possible.

5. I was engaged to someone else when I met my DH five years ago, to the point of owning a dress and having sent out Save The Dates. I took one look at DH, promptly called off the wedding and moved to England the moment my BA was finished. That was life's little 180.

6. I have modeled professionally before.

7. I know more about Tudor and Elizabethan English history than most native UK citizens. It wasn't just my minor in college, I pursue it with a voracious appetite. My friends are very much the same, and we were all reduced to a gibbering pile of booklust when we went to see the Long Room at Trinity College in Dublin.

The embarrassing bit is that I really don't have anyone to tag -- but there are seven facts for you. Now off to another IUI. Ovary status: achey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.