Nine already.

I had an interesting ultrasound this morning. It was performed by one of the three heads of the practice where I'm being treated.

On day seven I was concerned about not having a good response, and the only follicles being on my left ovary. Well, my ovaries clearly took offense to being called "lazy" and have caught up. My right has at least three 14mm follicles and there's at least one 14mm follicle on the left. The abundance of moderately good sized follicles seemed to concern Dr. Drews, who -- were it up to him -- would have my medication cut way back and had me go in tomorrow for more monitoring and bloodwork, just like last cycle.

Fortunately, it's not up to him. I was on day nine when they did that last cycle, my E2 backslid, and it wound up being The Cycle From Hell which didn't get me a BFP. Of course I know now that it was probably due to Wonky Ovaries, but that doesn't mean I want to repeat the experience.

The nurse practitioner has called, though, and they're not cutting my dose and my E2 is fine -- 296, right where it should be. It looks like my follicles have been hitting the textbook 1 mm per day growth, even if there are four or five that look good -- that was the point, superovulation. That means I can estimate the trigger on Monday and IUI on Tuesday and Wednesday. That's shaving it mighty fine with leaving for vacation on Thursday morning, but that extra day in there covers any mistakes. Even had the doctor said to cut my dose down, I wouldn't have. I have an agenda this cycle, and nothing is going to get in my way.

I'm just glad the doctor agrees with me, so I don't have to lie. This makes it much easier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.