CD 7 - Where have my ovaries gone?

Another early one. Usually by this point the early ones are every other day.

Surprisingly, I'm not having a *super* reaction to the Follistim this time. I have a lot of follicles, but all less than ten barring two, a twelve and a thirteen, and those are on my left ovary, which I've come to regard as the slightly useless one. They seem kind of small to me, and the last cycle where I did 150 IU of Follistim, there were tons of measurable follicles by this point. Still, as long as my E2 is rising appreciably and the follies grow 1-2 mm per day like they're supposed to, we should make it for IUI just before we leave.

Doing the ultrasound today was painful. Dr. M. had to dig to find the left ovary and it hurt. I'm trying to Google "Damage done by ultrasound probe" but so far, the only results are damage done *to* an ultrasound probe -- sorry, I don't think my innards can manage that, much as they'd like to. I should probably stay away from Google anyway. That shit is dangerous.

Bloodwork results later, I guess. Maybe the NP's call will allay my fears. I was just hoping for more eggs this time around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.