Eleven.

And no, I'm not talking Mr. Smith over there, who had better be good as the new Dr. in Dr. Who. It's CD 11.

Yesterday I felt an ovary twinge. I simultaneously love and hate knowing what and where these things are now; it causes me to over analyze every single flutter or cramp. Does the Mystery Twinge mean that I will ovulate on my own?

I sincerely hope so, since it looks like my medical assistance on that front will be ending soon. We arrived back in the US yesterday to a "bill" from the fertility clinic. My lifetime maximum is not even $1,000 away now. If my surgery next week is covered, then fine, I get one more cycle. It should be a good cycle, since we're planning on superovulation, but it will be the last one before the next big plan needs to be put into action - i.e., moving country to continue fertility treatments.

Insurance in the US is a tricky thing. In our state, no individual policy covers infertility. Group policies are mandated to have some minimal coverage, with large group policies required to cover IVF according to the Family Building Act.

Unfortunately, while we have steady enough income, The Stoat and I are both freelancers. It means we have no medical benefits beyond what we pay for ourselves; at present, we are both on my dad's payroll, so we are buying into that policy.

It costs more than our rent.

Being that we need to be on a group policy, finding new insurance is not a matter of shopping around for us. We are having to plan around insurance now; the Stoat *may* be hired on this year, or perhaps we can convince the Large Company to allow him to buy into the insurance policy as an independent contractor. We toyed with forming our own company so we'd have access to a group policy, but short of selling a kidney we can't afford a group policy for just two people.

So I suppose it's time to begin concentrating on myself, getting in better shape and perhaps not eating an entire bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs for breakfast. Maybe Weight Watchers for a bit, along with going in for that weight challenge my friends seem to be doing.

Unfortunately, the first task will be calling the clinic and sorting out financial information. Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.