Nineteen

Today would be my O day on Clomid, but after yesterday my ovaries are probably in hiding. I also don't see any follicles on the photos, so I'd say it was a bust.

Yes, they gave me souvenir photos from my laparoscopy yesterday. Boy was that ever fun.

I have to say, despite my skepticism about the laparoscopy, I'm glad I had it done. There was *so much* wrong with me it was a wonder I ever managed to get pregnant in October at all!

I got to the surgery centre at about 11 and they checked me in. At 11.30 I was brought back to the staging area to change and to talk to the nurses and the anesthesiologist. My mom was with me the entire time, which was good, because I would have probably run at that stage, even wearing the Assless Granny Gown.

12.00 my doctor shows up and I am brought to the operating room. It was freezing, so I was covered in blankets fresh out of the blanket warmer while everything was set up. That's the last thing I remember until I was waking up more nauseous than I've ever been in my life, and in a hell of a lot of pain! They gave me pain meds, but of course that made me more nauseous, so it was several hours before I felt okay enough to be taken home. They were talking about admitting me if they could, but in the end it wasn't necessary.

People kept trying to explain to me what was wrong and I have the photos sitting here, but I don't know exactly what they mean. A few things stand out from my groggy memory.

-The repeat of the dye test through my tubes revealed BOTH tubes were blocked...despite the HSG in May being clear, so this has happened since then. I believe that was resolved.
-One of my ovaries was stuck to my intestine (willing to bet that this was my left one) and the other was out of place.
-I was covered in scar tissue. It's a wonder anything functioned, let alone ovulation.

I don't know how much of the last they were able to resolve or understand what this means for going forward and TTC; I suppose I'll find out at the post op. I know my doctor would fix anything it's possible to fix and there was no word of needing further surgery, so that's as much as I know. Hopefully my mom remembers more than I do; she'll be here soon to take care of me and I can pick her brain then.

Stoatette, signing off and back to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.