Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

...but unfortunately I don't think it's on the prescribed drug list for a laparoscopy. Which is what the RE wants to do next.

We did have our meeting with the RE this morning and as predicted, "IVF would be the best thing." Well of course it would, for you, and for your bank balance. Not for us, and we just said no. Actually, The Foxy Stoat said no, thankfully, because I didn't speak up.

So the RE wants to cut me open and poke around a bit to see what is going on, and that is scheduled for January 12th. That means I either get knocked up this cycle, or I go under the knife.

Isn't that a lovely choice?

It's strange, all I can think of is that I'll be out of commission for two weeks with riding and exercise, and how the heck am I going to deal with that? This can't be good. I don't want that to happen just as I'm getting back into shape.

I'm going to have a second opinion at Guys & St Thomas in London, but I think it may be best to go through with it and find out if there's been something all along getting in the way, which would be why Clomid didn't work and why we've had one Big Fat Positive from so many cycles. I've had a hysterosalpingogram to show nothing is blocked, but there could be scar tissue or endometriosis there.

The surgery is scheduled for the week after we get back. I have my pre-op on January 7th and the surgery is the 12th.

Needless to say, I am terrified out of my mind. Do you hear me, reproductive tract? Time to get into gear or there is going to be a scary guy with knives and lasers coming after you, and I won't be awake to save you! Please get it together in the next few days.

Ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. I wonder how the Follistim is working and if it'll be any different? It certainly feels different, like I'm going to murder people for no damned reason...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

The Stoatette, wife of the man known only as The Foxy Stoat, has embarked upon a strange journey during which she has to conquer her fears of pain, loss, heartbreak, and needles.